Welcome to the Food Service Page
School Lunch Overview
The Seneca Falls Central School District Food Service Department provides nutritious, cost-effective meals to our students and staff each day. Our Child Nutrition (CN) Programs include the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and the School Breakfast Program (SBP). The guidelines and funding are provided through the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Reviews of our Food Service programs are conducted by the CN Division of the New York State Education Department on a regular basis. Each meal is analyzed for its nutritional content and adherence to the appropriate USDA guideline.
Our Mission is to deliver the highest quality foods, meeting the nutritional needs of each student within a defined financial framework. Our services to the district include purchasing, staff training/supervision, budgeting, claim reporting, sanitation and HACCP implementation, commodity food procurement, state and local reviews and inspections, and Wellness Program participation
The Seneca Falls Central School District Food Service Department is a self-sustaining business within the School District. This means that most expenses related to School Lunch are paid for with the revenue generated from the sale of meals, USDA reimbursement, and ala carte sales.
Typical expenses for the Food Service Department include Food Service salaries, benefits and insurance, food cost, and equipment purchases. Most purchases are done through a cooperative bid managed by BOCES. Some of the bid categories are groceries, paper and plastic, milk, ice cream, and small-wares.
Resources for Families
- School Menus
- My School Bucks - Online Payment System
- Ala Carte Letter
- 2022-2023 Income Eligibility Guidelines For Free and Reduced Price Meals or Free Milk
- 2022-2023 Free and Reduced Meals - Information and Application
- Meal Charge and Prohibition Against Meal Shaming Regulation
- Meal Modifications
- Wellness Policy
- Contact People For Each School
- Nondiscrimination Statement
A Note from Your Cafeteria
The entire cafeteria staff would like to welcome all students and staff back to school. We also welcome any and all comments about how you feel we are doing. If you should have any questions please feel free to contact me. Parents, we encourage the use of check over cash when sending money into school. In the memo area please write down the student's name so we can ensure the money goes on the correct account. You can also use our online payment system:
My School Bucks
All Free and Reduced applications from last year are no longer valid. It is recommended that a new application be submitted within the first thirty days of school. The whole application packet with instructions can be found below. It is also available in the school offices. You can apply anytime during the school year if you feel that you may qualify to be considered based on income.
Please keep in mind that we do not give change back to students when they give us money to purchases items. Any excess change will be applied to a student’s account.
Stephanie Lyon-Lawrence, Food Service Director
Email Stephanie Lyon-Lawrence
Tips to help you navigate your way through Food Service
- We have an online payment system that can be utilized to put money on a student's meal account (or to to see what your student is purchasing). Click the link on the left for My School Bucks. There is a charge to put money on the account, so I recommend that you set up an account and set up reminders to let you know when your student’s account is low.
- Checks should be made out to “SF Lunch Program” and have the student's name in the Memo Box.
- We do sell ala carte items – low-fat ice cream, reduced-fat chips, 100% fruit snacks, and reduced-fat cookies. All these items met the USDA criteria for healthy snacks.
- If you DO NOT want your student to purchase “extras” with their meal account funds, please make sure that you fill out an Ala Carte letter letting us know. We will put a warning on the account. (Once the note is received, it may take a few days to update the account. There may be a few purchases made before it is added to the account.) Click the link on the left for the Ala Carte Letter.
- If your child would like to purchase a snack they will need to make sure there is money on their account.
- PLEASE make sure that we have an updated email address on file (if you have one).
- We DO NOT encourage outside fast food to be brought in for your child. We have some children that will not understand why their parents cannot afford to do the same.
- If financial circumstances change during the year and feel that, you may qualify for Reduced Meal Prices, applications can be filled out ANYTIME during the year.