UPK Registration Information
The Seneca Falls Central School District is committed to providing a high quality Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) program for the 2022-2023 school year. Our UPK program is designed to provide an enriching and developmentally appropriate experience for four year old students. Below is important information about our program:
- Location and Time: Frank Knight School during normal school hours.
- Calendar: Follows the Frank Knight School calendar.
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch will be provided at no cost to families.
- Program cost: There is no cost to participate.
- Transportation: Provided for children who are 4 years old at the start of the school year or after turning 4 years old.
Eligible children are defined as those who live in the boundaries of the Seneca Falls Central School District and will be 4 years old on or before December 1, 2022. If your child is eligible for kindergarten (four years old and turning 5 by December 1, 2022), they are not eligible to attend UPK.
Our program consists of a total of 36 slots for two UPK classrooms (18 in each classroom). We will use a lottery to draw for the 36 available slots. Students not drawn will be added to a waitlist. Please note that lottery results will not be shared over the phone. We will notify families by mail.
The following dates and deadlines are very important:
- February 11: Registration packets are available online, or can be picked up at the District Office located at 2 Butler Ave., or by calling (315) 568-5818 to have a registration packet mailed to you.
- March 18: Packet deadline! All completed packets are due to the District Office. Packets received after March 18 will automatically be added to the end of the waitlist.
- March 31: Lottery Drawing
- April 4-8: Notification letters are mailed to students who receive a slot and to those on the waitlist.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Clendenen at 315-568-5500 Ext. 3100.